Friday, February 29, 2008

Weird

My new addiction is Tropical Smoothie Cafe. They know me and CiCi very well there. So well that a few weeks ago they were having credit card machine issues and ended up running two weeks worth of transactions on the same day. I just so happened to check my statement online and noticed about 8 or so transactions all for different prices, but all run on the same day. I immediately suspected that an employee was using my info and running the card so I called and canceled my check card. (Later that day I went to write a check and discovered I was completely out of checks - no bank card, no check book, yep I've had lots of fun paying bills with cash for the past two weeks) Sadly, after confronting the manager, I realized that I had actually been to TSC more than 8 times in a two week period.

Anyway.... today I went to my favorite place to get my favorite smoothie (yes, I know I should not have eaten another self-indulgent treat after my splurge this morning) and all the employees were playing with CiCi like they always do and she is making friends with everyone playing peek-a-boo and "hiding". She then wanted to grab things from my wallet and give to people (she loves paying with the credit card) so I gave her this buy one get one free pass to a local bowling alley and she hands it to this (at least sixteen year old because she is driving) girl. The girl reads the thing as if CiCi had truly given it to her and then continues to hold on to it never giving it back. CiCi loses interest and starts playing peek-a-boo with someone else and the girl just sticks the card in her pocket. I gave it to CiCi because it was better than giving her my credit card, but c'mon... my six year old would have known that she was just playing and not actually giving her the card. Just thought it was weird and had to share. I actually get a kick out of observing the strange behavior of other people and instead of asking for something like that back (which I really didn't care about) I was really interested to see what the girl was going to do once I realized that she did not "get" CiCi's game. People fascinate me.

3 comments:

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

That is REALLY funny. Pilar plays this game too and I've never had someone just take my American Express and pocket it. LOL!! I guess that girl is an avid bowler?! :D

Michelle Smiles said...

Very strange.

And sounds like you have a smoothie monkey on your back girl! Although there are worse habits to have (like my girl scout cookie habit...good thing they only come once a year).

Anonymous said...

That is funny! People truly are strange in a funny way. The smoothie cafe sounds good!