Monday, February 18, 2008

Last Weekend

Last weekend I went to Tulsa. I met my best friend there and we attended a Creative Memories convention.
I was so nervous about leaving CiCi, but it worked out fine!!!
The convention coincided with Grandparents Day at Kenz' school, so my in-laws were coming to town. I found a plane ticket to Tulsa that left at 2:30 on Friday and cost the same amount it would have cost me to drive there. This meant that I would only have to leave CiCi in the care of someone other than my DH for a few hours and that someone would be his mom - so I felt good about it all.
And I had such a good time!!! I spoke in full sentences. I completed a thought and then another one and then another one. I slept on the plane on the way to Tulsa and I read part of a book on the way back - rather than reading the same 4 paged book over and over :)
I laughed. A lot.
We went to a nice restaurant and stayed for more than 20 minutes. I did not shove the food down my throat and ask for the check as they served me my entree.
Then we went to a second restaurant for dessert and we stayed until we noticed we were getting dirty looks from people waiting for a table and seeing that ours had been cleared for a long time, yet we were still there.
And I even learned a thing or two at the CM convention.
I was home by 6:00 Sunday evening. Gone long enough to rejuvenate, but not too long. DH handled it all just fine - all except for changing her diaper in a timely manner (know this because when I picked her up - she was wet through her clothes AND she had (and still has) a diaper rash as a result of last weekend.
And to top it off - I got the best hugs ever from my babes when I got home.

No comments: