Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Coffee

Am I the only adult in the US that does not like coffee?
If I am at a mall and I smell the coffee from a place like Starbucks it really does smell good. And it usually makes me hungry. For chocolate. I thought the smell that accompanied the Starbucks type coffees would improve the taste. It did not. It truly tastes like dirt to me. I really see no difference in a cup of coffee and a cup of water mixed with dirt. Both are gritty and nasty. My opinion, of course. And if you make Folgers type coffee at home - I don't even think it smells good. It smells a lot like a dirty diaper. Again, this is obviously only the opinion of one being that the rest of the world seems to love the stuff. A few weeks ago when I went to Tulsa to scrapbook with my best friend we went out to eat. Afterwards we went to a nice smelling coffee shop called KoKoa's. I got a great tasting dessert and water (they were out of hot chocolate - which I love) and my friend and her friend got coffee. Of course her friend wondered why I didn't order coffee and I had to explain that I don't like it. My best friend is amused by my pickyness with foods but was determined to change my mind about coffee. Hers was lighter in color so I guess that was supposed to mean it had been mixed with stuff that would cover the dirt like quality I seem to equate with coffee. She very convincingly got me to taste it. I swear if I were under the ago of 30 I would have spit it out right there at the table, but being that we were in a somewhat sophisticated very packed coffee house I made my self swallow the dirt. Never again!! This is definitely something I will not outgrow - and I really have outgrown many of my childhood food aversions. I'll save those for another post.
So now you all know a weird fact about me....

5 comments:

Angel said...

I can't stand coffee. The only kind I like it the white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. That because it doesn't taste like coffee. ;0) HA! HA! Angel

Gibb said...

Well, apparently there are at least three of us. I don't like it either. See, your not so weird after all!!

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

I LOVE COFFEE! I do maybe understand how you would not like just straight coffee... but a good mocha from Starbucks? Come on! YUMMY

Darcy said...

Okay I can see regular straight coffee. . .but a really good latte - I LOVE - on a cold day. . come on. But, I too love hot chocolate maybe even better than a latte.
Darcy McMurray
Mcmurraymania.blogspot.com

SlushTurtle said...

I love coffee, but I have to have it all girlied up, as my husband calls it (I have to girlie his up too).