Friday, February 29, 2008

So far this morning...

My son who wears a uniform to school didn't have a clean one to wear today. They were all dripping wet and in the washing machine. Of course I found the clothes in the washing machine only after searching hopefully in the dryer for his shirt and then accidentally closing the dryer door on CiCi's finger!!!
Same son has outgrown his uniform pants (just turned 6 years old and has outgrown a size 10, sheesh) so we bought him one new pair of size 12 last night. This morning he puts them on and I go to zip them up for him and I break the zipper. I made him wear them to school anyway. We didn't have time for him to change.
Same son happens to be Student of the Week this week and today I had to bring a snack that begins with the letter D - this is the letter being reinforced this week. So I dropped him off and headed to our favorite doughnut shop where my already-addicted-to-doughnut-holes daughter started squealing for her doughnut hole as soon as I approached the counter - the store owners started this by giving a free one to her free every time we come in so I blame them for her addiction and her behavior :)

then my DH calls to tell me that he got Arby halfway to school when Arby realized he didn't have any shoes. Please tell me how you leave the house at 8 years old, with a responsible adult and you don't realize that there are no shoes on your feet!!!!

then I am happily reading my blogs, drinking my diet coke, and eating my entire caloric intake for the day (a chocolate cake thing with cream cheese and chocolate chips on top that I get from the doughnut shop because I don't like doughnuts) when I see CiCi carrying a bag of popcorn that Kenz popped for himself for breakfast before I woke up this morning (got to love an independent 6 year old). I took the bag from her and she absolutely threw her first FIT ever. When are they old enough to eat popcorn without choking??? Cuz I have to admit I just closely monitored her eating popcorn in order to stop the pathetic fit she just threw.

So tell me how many worst-things-a-mommy-can-do rules have I broken today???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry,
Too freakin' funny! love the no shoes thing! Some days I feel like I could totally do this ... if it weren't for the snow that just keeps falling!
Lovin' your blog ... I miss you!
Sara FTC

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Don't worry... I took my son with a fever to a birthday party this evening, came home, popped popcorn for him (and baby girl), and he is now still up watching Harry Potter... which I'm sure is not actually made for 4 year olds. I think you sound like a great mom! ;)

Gibb said...

Okay that is all too funny! And Melany, a kid only has a fever if someone else notices! I'm not above giving a dose of tylenol and sending them to school in hopes of at least buying myself four hours at work before it wears off and someone notices that they have a fever.

Michelle Smiles said...

1. Getting out of bed.