Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Birthday, Cupcakes and My Little Tornado

My little man, Kenz, turned 6. I can't believe it!!!! He is growing up and it is killing me. Thank goodness he is still my snuggle bug. There is not much he likes more (atleast near bedtime) than to snuggle next to me while drinking his milk and clicking my fingernails (a whole 'nother post)
This year he decided to have a bowling birthday party. Everything I do lately is last minute and his party planning was no different. I waited so long to get it together that I never even sent out invitations - usually I get real cute printed ones. This year I decided I would just use the ones that the bowling alley gives as part of your birthday package. I drove all the way out to the bowling alley on the Tuesday before his Sunday birthday party (which was a week after his actual birtday, by the way) to pay the deposit and to get the invitations that needed to be addressed and mailed that night. I paid the deposit and they got out the invitations for me. I watched them count them out and place them on the counter. I left. I got home. I realized that the invitations were left on that counter. DANG!!! So I called all the parents. Luckily the party was great. Kenz had a fantabulos time and so did all the other boys. The party was not too short, not too long. Active, but not crazy. A perfect boy party. Whew!!!





Kenz had a few extra cupcakes from his party. We shared them equally and Kenz got the extra one. So the next day he got that extra cupcake out and put it on the kitchen table. He left the room for a few minutes and came back to find his sister enjoying his cupcake - ALOT. Kenz was very good-natured about it all and let her eat (destroy) it. My blog buddy Tricia would be so proud!!!




CiCi's new favorite place to go while I'm working/blogging/on the computer is under this little built in desk in our kitchen. The bottom drawer contains all the boys art supplies (crayons, glue, stickers) for homework and other projects. Well it used to contain these things until I found CiCi coughing with a crayon in her mouth that she had obviously taken a bite of and most likely swallowed a small portion. They are non-toxic, right?



CiCi also likes making a mess. It is truly her favorite past time :)
It is amazing how quickly she can destroy our kitchen.







My little men competed in a regional chess tournament this past weekend. The top 8 chess players in grades K-3 in our region get to compete at state. Arby came in second and Kenz got so close. If he had won his last game he would have made it, but he ended up in 11th place (out of 24 kids in grades K-3 and he is a kindergartener so that is pretty awesome). We are so proud of Arby and I can't wait to go to one of my favorite places (Cookeville, TN) next month to watch him compete for the State title.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to take the time to get a google ID, but for now you'll have to guess who this is. I love your blog, we miss you and the kids so much. Your blog helps me feel a little closer.

All is well in SC. Hope to see you soon. Way to go Arby. Happy birthday Kenz. Kisses to Cici.