Sunday, January 27, 2008

Three Cups of Tea

Read this book!!!!!! The dedication of one man to the plight of children, especially girls, is truly amazing. The work he has done building schools in the most rural areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan is both fascinating and inspiring. Greg Mortenson is truly a hero and he absolutely encompasses the best of America. As I read his book I was blown away again and again by his dedication and perseverance. I also couldn't help but think of all the other places around the globe that need a Greg Mortenson to speak for them and care for them and provide them with the one thing that has the ability to change lives, status, poverty and terrorist/gang/thug behavior.
I also kept thinking how much I would love to give back to CiCi's birth country. There are many people already working to provide the means necessary to attend school. One of these groups is Mayan families (listed on the left side of my blog). By donating $120 you can send one child to school for one year. It is an amazing program, but I also want to do more in the future. I want to be physically involved and I want my children to be physically involved. I am not sure what we will do, but I know we will do something. I am inspired!!!!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I LOVE Mayan Families! They are simply the BEST!