Friday, November 30, 2007

H@nn@h Mont@n@ Crisis - Part One




Nope- not a getting tickets crisis. We had those. Logistics, a baby, and stupidity did me in though.
Had 5 tickets. Our two boys invited brother/sister friends of ours that we knew really wanted to go and had tried desperately to get tickets.
With 5 tickets only one adult could go - how could I not let each son invite a friend?
Fine - DH will go.
Nope, DH is out of town.
But.. his plane lands at 7:15 and the concert starts at 7:00, so I'll go and I'll just have the mom of the brother/sister we invited watch CiCi until DH gets home. CiCi will not stay with anyone but my mom and my mom could not watch her, but a short amount of time I thought we could handle.
Then my DH calls and says he has to meet with a client as soon as he gets in town. OK, so I'll just call my dad. Maybe that will work. No, dad is meeting with this client (family business). So now there is no way I could leave CiCi for 4 hours knowing she will cry the whole time. I have no one to watch her and I have 4 very- excited-to-go-to-the-concert kids.
So I do what any sane mother would do. I bring CiCi to the concert.
At this point I must admit that we have a box. Which is why we had tickets. This is of course due to my family's addiction to sports. The box is for sports. Concerts just happen to come with the box. Believe me anyone that knew this called me to see if we had any extra tickets.
We've taken CiCi to the suite a few times for basketball games and she has done great and she loves music so I feel we will be OK as long as we get there early and can get all HM goodies before the crowd arrives.
All is in place. I have packed anything that CiCi could possibly need. I have a a camera with film and an extra set of batteries. We are good to go and should easily make it to the arena 45 mins before the concert starts. I am more than halfway into our 40 minute drive when I realize that my stupid self left the coveted, golden tickets AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!
Turn around and of course there is a wreck and now I can see the panic on all the kids faces..........
I do my best to race home, my own panic starting to set in. Finally I get the tickets, race back 40/30 minutes and arrive at exactly 7:00. Whew. Just in time to see the ever-so-Disney-popular Jon@s Brothers. If you have never seen them check out the pictures above taken by my "I want to be a photographer" son.

No comments: