Monday, November 12, 2007

One Year Ago Today






I received the best call ever. C. from FTC called me to tell me that I had a daughter. He told me a few facts about my little girl, asked if I had any questions (at which point my mind was too numb to formulate any), and said he would send an e-mail containing information about her and her birthmom and pictures of my precious little girl. One of the first things I remember noticing about CiCi in those pictures were her fingers. To this day I still believe she will do something special with her hands - play piano, be an artist, a surgeon, something - she is so precise when she picks up food or a toy and she is always playing with her hands.

I also felt the need to look for signs that this was all meant to be and it was amazing that I found them everywhere - CiCi's birthname is the same as my first ever friend from Guatemala - this one made the hairs on my arm stick up as C. first said my little girls name, CiCi's birthmom is wearing a purple shirt and my favorite color is purple, CiCi is lying on a Strawberry Shortcake blanket and I loved SS as a little girl. As silly as all that sounds it was the reassurance I needed at that time to know that everything was going to work out and that she would end up exactly where she is right now.

Take a look back at her referral pictures and compare them to my little princess now. It amazes me how much she has grown and how much she has become attached to my heart (and hip)forever.

2 comments:

Beth's Blog said...

AWWWWWWWWWW

She is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gibb said...

I didn't realize that we got our referrals on the same day. Or maybe I knew and just didn't remember. Most likely the second option!

Cole's girl just keeps getting cuter!