Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nerts...proof that everything can be found on the computer


What do we do at our house for fun. A game called NERTS.
Recently I decided my boys were old enough to play this family game that I grew up playing. Growing up we would play this card game for hours. It is similar to solitaire, but you are competing against other people. You can play against as many people as you want. The more that compete the more challenging and fast paced it becomes. Playing with an 8 and a 5 year old, we play as teams. Mommy and one son, Daddy and the other. When I decided to teach the boys, there were a few rules I couldn't remember. So my DH suggests that we look it up online. I, indignantly, inform him that this was a family game and that there is no way we would find this game on the computer. Apparently you can find anything on the computer. Of course as I started to play by these computer rules, the rules that I used during childhood began to spring forth to my mind and these computer rules started to irritate me. It took a little convincing to force my lawyer/rule-abiding husband to switch over to the family way.
Now that I know you can, I highly suggest you google the game nerts and play it at home. Everyone loves solitaire and this game is a way to play solitaire fast and with others. It really forces the kids to think quickly and react. It is lots of fun for families, but also as a couple, with couples, or just with a group of people. The rules I tweaked all had to do with the scoring of the game, not the actual game itself.
Happy Playing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, can't believe you still remember how to play that! I had forgotten all about that! Hard to believe it is on the net too. I am going to look it up--I thought we just made it up? Good times with that game!