Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ciara's Christening






Last Saturday we were finally able to have Ciara christened. The ceremony was very nice and the christening was even more special because we shared it with my brother and sister-in-law. We chose them to be Ciara's godparents and I am their little girl's godmother. I did not get many good pictures from the day, especially ones of just Ciara. I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of anyone other than my family so that limits the pics I can share. Therefore, I am breaking my no pics of myself rule so that I can share the family pic we took. Hopefully one day I will be able to share a pic of less of me.
The girls were great - especially for being one+ years old and both having a cold, but halfway through the ceremony Ciara became very interested in my hair and started pulling one side and then the other and laughing like it was the funniest thing she has ever before witnessed. I was trying to release her hold of my hair so that I could turn her around to face out, but just as I would get one side released she would grab the other side and start tugging. Our priest even got tickled by it and commented on the challenges of parenting. It was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Beth's Blog said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Your family is beautiful!!!!!

Carlo loves my long hair so i can relate!! Wow is he strong i also had troube getting him to let go on our last visit trip

That is a cute story!!!