Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm Not There Yet

Yes we are well into December and I have not done a Christmasy thing yet. No cards have been bought. The picture has yet to be taken. The Christmas tree is not up and I have bought only a very few presents.
I just can't seem to find the energy for it all. Some part of me thinks it is because we never really had fall this year. I love fall. It is my favorite season. But this year we went from summer to one week of fall to rain to cold. I have not been properly prepared for the season that is now upon me. You think I am kidding???

Another reason - I don't like shopping. Never have. And the thought of it with little CiCi is overwhelming. I plan to online shop, but time is running out...
And CiCi is attached to my hip. Seriously. I can't put her down to go the bathroom. And she really makes you feel bad. Her tears are huge and the look on her face is heartbreaking.

and another thing... I HATE MAYTAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two years ago I bought the top of the line Maytag Neptune washer and dryer. About nine months ago, you could smell burning from my dryer. I had someone come out to look at it and he said I needed new rollers. The rollers cost about half of what a new reliable dryer would cost. After much deliberation I decided to buy a new dryer. Wanna know what the guy at Sears told me? There is absolutely no reason to pay for an expensive dryer. A dryer is a dryer is a dryer. Why do they have the expensive ones I asked? To match the looks of the expensive washers. Apparently it is appopriate to spend more on a washer. And idiots like me buy expensive dryers thinking they must perform so much better than their less expensive counterparts. OK so lesson learned.
Another lesson... appliances aren't what they used to be. They may have all these fancy bells and whistles, but they don't last like they used to. Can you imagine only getting 18 months out of a brand new dryer?
So why am I complaining about this today. Because my laundry room STINKS. Wanna know why? Because my fancy schmancy washing machine locked up on me. Yep. The darn door locked and I can't get it open. I have turned off, unplugged, replugged, shook, hit, pulled, etc. and the door isn't budging. It locked. You know that wonderful safety benefit of making sure the front loading washing machine stays locked. Well it stays locked I can tell you that. With my wet clothes in it. And the washer is not working at all. It is just humming. 2 years old!!!!! I am not happy. And did I mention that my laundry room stinks. This took place last Saturday. I called to have someone come fix it on Monday. First available appointment. THIS Saturday. Those clothes will sit in my washing machine for an entire week. Wet. Mildewing and smelly.
Bah Humbug!!!
I'll be better tomorrow.........

2 comments:

Gibb said...

Maybe if you decorate for Christmas it will take your mind off your stinky washer! Worth a try, right?!

Sorry things are so crazy. I hate shopping too so I do everything online that I possibly can. So many places have free shipping that it is soooo worth it not to have to go to the stores and deal with all the crowds. I even ordered gift cards online...how pathetic is that!

Take care, girl.

Unknown said...

My Neptune is being crotchety, too, but it's 7 years old. The door locked light stays on, too. But I unplugged it for 20 minutes and went away; when I came back and plugged it in, it unlocked for me. I'd be interested to know what the repair guy says is wrong with yours -- and how much to repair!