Friday, October 12, 2007

We are all Sickly

Once again I have been MIA. The culprit this time: strep throat. First with Kenz, then me. I decided to cut to the chase and just start Arby on antibiotics. CiCi is still on her antibiotic from the ear infection, so hopefully she is protected.
My feelings about strep when only my kids used to get it:
Oh, well glad it is strep. They'll start you on antibiotics and you'll be feeling good by morning. Which by the way is always the case. With them...
My feelings now that I have been a victim. Never will I be glad that it is strep (instead of some stomach bug or other disgusting sickness - ok so maybe I'll change my mind on that, but...)
This has been the worst I have felt in forever!!!! It didn't help that my DH was out of town. I won't go into the details, but I was counting down the minutes until darkness showed up outside so that I could coerce CiCi to go to sleep - which worked. What did I do about the boys?? Watch TV as long as you like. Turn it off when you decide you are tired. Whatever you do - do not wake up me or CiCi. The next morning it was all I could do to bring Kenz (who had recovered) to school. Thank goodness CiCi was back to her happy-go-lucky self. And my DH found an earlier flight home this afternoon which helped immensely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you all have been sick. that is awful! I have not had that as an adult (knock on wood) but I have heard that it is really bad on adults. wish i could have helped out or something! I do hope you all are better....