Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chickenbus






OK - so I am not computer savvy. The other thing I can not figure out how to do - post more than five pics at a time. So I will add a few more birthday pics here while also giving you a brief explanation of Chickenbus.

I am not one to pick up and start using random words, but this one I just love and it fits perfectly for so many occasions and I can say it around the kids and not worry if they mimic me.

What does this word mean?

Well I am sure you have figured that out...

but from where did I find it??

I don't fully remember the story (so C. or anyone else who remembers you can chime in on the comments portion of this post), but it started with a fellow adoptive mom who chose to foster her baby in Antigua. While there her case hit a few snags and she stayed longer than anticipated. Chickenbus!

Why chickenbus?

It is the name of certain buses driven around Guatemala. They are packed with people, inside and out, and I guess they may also carry a few chickens. And they are often driven by madmen (or men that drive like my DH).

So start using Chickenbus. It sure beats having your kids repeat other colorful language we moms may find ourselves using.. um...occasionally.



1 comment:

carla said...

my daughters ear was almost ripped off (no joke) when I was fostering (LONG STORY) and so I deem that MY swearword replacement

and a new word was born :)