Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Birthday Girl






CiCi had so much fun. I was a bit worried she would be overwhelmed by all the people at our house, but it did not bother her one bit. She played and smiled and went to other adults (shocking achievement). She loved all the attention, which was clearly given to her by all.

AND she loved her cake.

I wish I could figure out how to post a pic then write about it, then post another pic and write about it, but I am baffled. This story would be so much more interesting if I could tell it alongside pictures (any help from blogland would be appreciated).

But I will try to give you the details here.

In one pic you will see CiCi's cake - the good side. In another you will see - the bad side. I had a friend make the cake for me. She is talented. I am not. Her cakes both look and taste good. A winning combination.

As we were pressed for time between soccer games, end of the season soccer party, and cleaning house and preparing food for guests, I had the grand idea of sending my DH with the kids to pick up the cake. More time for me to get ready without interruption. I didn't consider the fact that my DH is not a great driver, IMHO, and that the cake was stacked presents. So he arrives home with the top cake (CiCi's cake) flipped on to the bottom cake. Chickenbus!!!!

And the 3 kids had nothing to do with this. Kenz even let me know that dad drove normally. Exactly - suspicion confirmed.

That was really our only disaster (except for the way my house looked after the 15 kids that we invited left) so I guess I can't complain. And CiCi loved the cake as evidenced (word???) by the above (chickenbus that I can't figure this out) pictures.

The 15 kids mentioned above enjoyed opening CiCi's presents and she finally got the idea on the last one.

We ended our party with a follow up semi-party/get-together with our normal UT game-watching-friends.

So convenient to my DH that the time of our party worked out perfectly so as

a.) not to disturb his watching of the game and

b.) to be able to watch said game with his best buds.

c.) have a perfect reason not to help clean up.

Not a finger did he lift.

His friends left at halftime.

The game dragged on into overtime.

After that exhausting game it was,of course, time for him to go straight to bed.

This really should be a separate topic. :)

No comments: