Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Um...Why are we awake???





I have no answer to this question. It is 4:05. I still have not slept tonight. CiCi slept from 9:30 till 1:00 - hardly a good nights sleep - yet she seems to think that she does not need it. I tried everything to get her back to sleep. Then I decided to just let her watch her favorite show while I slept next to her. She enjoyed it. I didn't sleep. Then I decided to drive around in the car (at 2:30) so that she could be lulled to sleep. She fell asleep. Then she let me carry the very heavy Britax carseat all the way into my room to place inside her crib while she slept for the night. She waited until I had carried her all the way into the room. She even waited until I raised her up and into the crib before she opened her eyes and decided again that sleep really was not needed. I am at a loss. She has done this once before. The only connection I can make is teething -but she seems perfectly happy. I, on the otherhand, am not so thrilled. What's she doing right now? Eating Cheerios and playing with her musical toys. Perfectly content. Little stinker.

3 comments:

Gibb said...

Oh, Kerry. Those nights are the worst. I only had that one time with J and so far (fingers crossed while knocking on wood!!!) C has managed to sleep like a champ. You know I just jinxed myself, right?

I hope you eventually got some sleep.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I think she just wanted you to have another funny story to blog about and cute pic op.!! Hope you both sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

still could be infection or medicine keeping her awake too?
(if she is still on med.) hope she is feeling better....