Monday, April 14, 2008

Get the balloon.

Tonight I pulled up to a deli near my house. We have probably been to it about 5 times since it opened late January. We first visited this deli during their opening week and CiCi was given a balloon. Every visit since then she points to the balloons still decorating the inside of the deli. On our last visit she started saying the word - balloon. Tonight we pulled into the parking lot and she immediately starts saying, "balloon, balloon, balloon". I pull into the parking space and while pointing towards the restaurant she says her first ever three word sentence, "Get the balloon". I couldn't even believe that she had put together that a balloon would be inside the restaurant (I knew she would be excited about it once we walked in, but to recognize it beforehand took me by surprise) but when she said "get the balloon", I was floored. So was Kenz. I was glad he was in the car so that he could back up my story.

As a side note:
Earlier in the day we heard a train. We hear it all the time and CiCi always gets excited. So once again I say to her "Yes, you hear the train. Choo Choo." She looks at me, points outside, and very adamantly says, "Get it!". I start to laugh and tell her "I can't get the train for you". She again points outside and says, "Get it!!" This is very much her favorite phrase... and she truly expects everyone to jump at her command.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Ha ha the comment about Kenz being in the car to back up your story makes me laugh!! There are so many times when Gabbie puts several words together and I think I heard it but am not sure. I love it when my husband actually hears it to. It makes me feel less crazy!

Adorable story about the balloon by the way!

Melany @ Project Anthologies said...

Aww, she's quite a little talker! And - a girl who knows what she wants!

McMurrays said...

I love the talking stories! So fun!
Darcy McMurray

SlushTurtle said...

It's amazing what they remember about places! I swear Hatchling could tell you how to get to just about anywhere we go in town!