Saturday, April 19, 2008

Garage Sale

Since my "retirement" (love saying that - it makes me laugh) I have been cleaning out rooms and organizing my house. So when our neighbors decided to have a garage/moving sale we decided to have one as well. The boys were so cute deciding what they wanted to sell and pricing all their stuff. Kenz was the ultimate salesman. As soon as someone showed any interest in one of his toys he would go over to them and talk all about it - good or bad :)
Arby was the money man. He was so in his element and he was so helpful. A bit surprising. The garage sale accomplished a few goals - motivation to clean out the unused, clearing space in our garage, and it taught the boys a few good life lessons. Plus it was a beautiful day

so beautiful in fact that my DH thought it would be a great day to drive downtown for a baseball game. I assumed he knew that our team had a home game. I really do know that I should Never Assume Anything. It would have been a great day for a baseball game though...
at least we got out of the house...

Just so you know - I still have A LOT of work to do on the house. Basically I only got the boys rooms cleaned out and the laundry room - then I just ran around the house collecting the things I knew I needed to toss. It will be several weeks before I feel like I have truly accomplished my goal of cleaning out and organizing the house.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Too funny and SOOO something my hubby would do. ;0) Angel