Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shades

Yes, my two sons are biological. You should see the stares I get now. I find it funny. I guess it is a good thing I am not easily offended. I won't be posting a picture of myself until I shed about 50 pounds (so maybe never), but I have lighter skin that can tan, but it also freckles with what I considered to be jet black hair but when I put my hair next to CiCi's I can see the brownish auburn tint to my hair. So our coloring - very pale freckley Kenz, pale red tinted skinned husband, can tan but likes to freckle me, came out tan (like my dad and brother) Arby, and very tan CiCi. Our eye colors: Kenz - blue, DH - green, Arby - brown, Me - hazel, CiCi - black
Going to a restaurant without my husband (and yes I am crazy enough to do this all the time) is hilarious. Everyone is trying to figure us out. I watch people trying not to look, I watch others trying to figure out something they can ask me, and then others just stare. I've had quite a few people ask me if I am babysitting and another jokingly commenting that it looks like I've had three husbands. The weird thing is if I am just with CiCi most people come right out and ask me where she is from. If I am with the boys, DH, and CiCi everyone must assume that all three are adopted because noone seems to stare. But, when it is just me and the kids everyone seems puzzled.

1 comment:

John & Kathryn said...

Kerry,
Your family sounds like mine, except that John will be the one to get the stares when we get our daughter from China. Neither of our birth children really look like him; he could completely disown Rhodes if he wanted to. And none of our three kids will look like each other.
Congrats on your beautiful children!
Kathryn