Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun Day

Last night Kenz had a tooth hanging by a thread. He really does not like having his teeth pulled, so although he knew it really needed to come out last night he decided that he wanted to wait until his friend came over today so that he could show his friend his loose tooth and then pull it while his friend was at our house. Talk about self-imposed peer pressure - especially since he made this promise in front of his big brother.
So Kenz' friend came over and they played on our new bouncy water slide for a very long time.





Then the gang decided to pick apples from our not yet ripe apple tree. Despite my warnings of how sour the apples would taste, they all picked apples and tried to feign liking them.









The dual motive to the apple picking/eating decision was to help further loosen Kenz' tooth so that he would have no choice but to pull it out. He definitely loosened it even more, but could not bring himself to let anyone pull his tooth.

Finally it was time for his friend to leave. He was determined/forced/strongly coerced to fulfill his promise. As his friend was getting into his car, Kenz pulled his own tooth. He was one happy, proud little boy.




Unless they are in the distance I have never before posted pictures of anyone other than our immediate family, but this time I think the goggles are a good enough disguise. How do you other bloggers handle this? Do you always ask permission?

We then went to my niece's birthday party and had a ball, but I forgot my camera. The party was at Ben and Jerry's. Everyone enjoyed their ice cream, but the best part seemed to take place when we moved outside. Outside there was a blue (although it seemed golden to this group) water jug with little Dixie cups beside it. You would have thought it was a keg at a fraternity party the way these kiddos gathered around the water jug. It was truly the highlight of the party and when the keg (water jug) went dry, a few tears were sadly shed. A cheap form of entertainment for your next birthday party - we may just give it a try :)

After the birthday party we went to dinner. Some ugly bug got into CiCi and she began throwing everything in sight. Then spitting/blowing bubbles. Of course the boys started to laugh and I told them to stop. Immediately all their faces got very serious and somewhat stern and they all seemed to be glaring at CiCi. Poor thing got quiet and then all of the sudden started boo-hooing. We could not calm her down. I had my DH take her to my car while I quickly ate and then we switched off. I left with CiCi and Arby and my DH went back inside to eat with Kenz and then Daddy took Kenz to the movie to celebrate his tooth (and to help Mommy so that I could clean the house for our weekend guests) Once we got home CiCi was fine. Who knows what caused her to act that way???

Happy Fourth to you all. I read an article today posted by a fellow Guate mom about Guatemalan women playing soccer. It was such a good reminder to me of the things I have to be thankful for just because I was lucky enough to be born in this country. I play in a women's soccer league and we play against an Hispanic soccer team. This article really hit me as I wondered whether or not any of the girls I play against have similar backgrounds.

I often find myself wondering the burden that others carry. If you can't physically see it, how do you know? How can you help? It is such a good reminder to me to always be pleasant to others. You just never know what is going on inside and sometimes a person's exterior can be very deceiving.

And just so you know - I can not put my DC down for two seconds without little miss snatching it up and partaking.



So are you guys proud of me? I figured out how to post links, and how to upload videos all in the same week. And have you noticed how much I've blogged lately???

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

ok, you better teach me how to post links and video's too!!! LOVE that water slide girl. I bet the kids just LOVE it. Way to go Kenz, hope the tooth fairy was very good to you!

I have asked for permission but wasn't quite as concerned as my blog is private but still asked first, especially both our foster families.

Angie said...

I love the pictures! CiCi is just too cute! It looks beautiful where you live!

Amy said...

Looks like y'all are having a great summer! The kids are growing way too fast! I don't think we'll make it to Memphis, but I'll let you know if we come during the fall. And if you pass through B,ham to go to the beach or if DH comes for work, please give us a call!

Nikki said...

Thanks so much :) And adorable photos :)